I’m sure everyone remembers the original series with a Pontiac Trans AM and David Hasselhoff beating bad guys down, helping people….
But the series I’m referring to was the one we were given in 2008, it started out as a 2 hour movie and then turned into a 17 part tv series.
Which I believe topped the original for many reasons, it was unfortunately short lived though as it was cancelled (GFC used as a reason) but lets take a look at the series shall we 🙂
So the movie itself was pretty good I thought, it was a great introduction to the new series giving you slot of answers and even the hoff managed a cameo appearance! As the original Michael knight, driver of the original KITT (knight industries two thousand) vehicle.
Playing father to new driver Justin Bruening as the role of Mike Traceur, an ex army special forces commando who seems to be on the not so straight and narrow…. a friend of Sarah Grahman, scientist daughter of Charles Grahman who desiged the KITT’s AI’s and mechanicals etc…. the new KITT (voiced by Val Kilmer) is despatched to her when he father is in trouble.
Bad guys chase her down, and KITT has been instructed to recruit her old school friend Mike to help them. After the movie finishes we find that Mike is being recruited for the SSC, a new organisation working in co-operation with the FBI solving cases and black ops that the us can’t be seen to be involved with as per usual.
Above is a picture of the cast for the SSC and in the command centre with KITT.
I don’t think they could have done a better job trying to bring back the series, the cast was well suited and the new choice of car for KITT was awesome!!! A Ford Mustang GT500KR (king of the road) version was used. Dream car material for me, even though I’m not a muscle car kinda guy.
Here are the specs
* Front engine, RWD, 4-passenger, 2-door coupe
* Supercharged DOHC 32 valve V8 engine
* 330 CID (5408 cc) displacement
* Power: 540 hp (410 kW) (547 PS)
* Torque: 510 ft·lbf (690 N·m).
* 6-speed manual transmission
* 3.73 differential ratio
* 18 x 9.5″ Alcoa wheels with unique Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires (front: P255/45ZR18 rear: 285/40/ZR18)
* 3,800 lb (1,700 kg) curb weight
* 107.1 in (2,720 mm) wheelbase
* 188×73.9×54.5 in (4.78×1.88×1.38 m)
* Weight: 4,000 lb (1,800 kg)
* Top Speed: 155 miles per hour (249 km/h)
For me, I can only hope it makes a come back soon….